FGC Performance Company
Green Troupe (Fall 2019)
Our Entry Level Performance Troupe!
Green Troupe focuses on building a strong and broad foundation in the FGC core circus skills, developing stage presence, and creating a full Flying Gravity Circus show, which is performed throughout the season at local venues.
Open by audition to teens in grades 6-12 who have previous circus experience, or experience in an equivalent movement activity (dance, gymnastics, martial arts, etc.)
Dates: September 13 - December 14 (12.5 weeks) See Troupe Schedule for more information.
** No Class: 9/27, 11/29, (11/30 will be used as a Make-Up Day.)
Rehearsal Times: Friday 4:00pm-6:30pm and Saturday 2:30-6:00
Location: High Mowing Circus Studio, in the Science Building on the High School Campus.
Tuition: $1130 for the season
Coach: Jackie Davis
FGC Green Troupe Director, Jackie Davis, and Head Coach, Jonathon Roitman, run training and rehearsals, in collaboration with awesome coaches. Extra practice sessions may be called if needed to prepare a performance. Troupers are expected to practice on their own or with friends during the week. Green Troupe welcomes back veteran musician, Leslie Vogel, to accompany performances with live tunes!
Criteria for acceptance into Green Troupe include:
- Juggle 3 balls fluidly
- Do a forward roll and a cartwheel
- Perform a one minute solo act in the discipline of your choice
Qualities of a Green Trouper include:
- Motivation to improve your skills and be good at Circus Arts.
- The ability to work independently in a focused atmosphere.
- Prior experience in a circus class or summer camp, or an equivalent movement activity (e.g. dance, gymnastics, martial arts).
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Interest in performing – and teaching – circus arts.
Waivers: Parents/Guardians of participants will be required to sign Flying Gravity Circus waiver forms located here.