Our Entry Level Performance Troupe!
About Green Troupe
Green Troupe focuses on building a strong and broad foundation in the FGC core circus skills. Troupers also work on developing stage presence, and create a full show, which is performed throughout the season at local venues.
Open by audition (contact Jon) to teens in grades 5-10 who have previous circus experience, or experience in an equivalent movement activity (dance, gymnastics, martial arts, etc.)
FGC Green Troupe Director and Head Coach, Jonathon Roitman, runs training and rehearsals, in collaboration with other coaches. Extra practice sessions may be called if needed to prepare a performance. Troupers are expected to practice on their own or with friends during the week.
Skills needed for acceptance into Green Troupe include:
- Juggling 3 balls fluidly
- Doing a forward roll and a cartwheel
- Performing a one minute solo act in the discipline of your choice
Qualities of a Green Trouper include:
- Motivation to improve your skills and be good at circus arts.
- The ability to work independently in a focused atmosphere.
- Prior experience in a circus class, summer camp, or an equivalent movement activity (e.g. dance, gymnastics, martial arts).
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Interest in performing – and teaching – circus arts.
Enrollment and Schedule
Fridays: 3:30-6pm (required)
Start Date: 3/7 (Tuesday Classes)
Start Date: 3/10 (Friday Classes)
End Date: 6/3
FULL Option: 3 Days = $537/mo Mar-May
Tuesdays + Fridays + Saturdays
Tue + Fri Option = $468/mo Mar-May
Tuesdays (Includes Performance Saturdays, with opt-out)* + Fridays
Fri + Sat Option = $437/mo Mar-May
Fridays + Saturdays (Includes Performances)
*We assume that most Green Troupers will participate in the Saturday performances. However, if your trouper will not be participating in any or all of the shows, please inform the Green Troupe Director, Ted, at the first practice.
Spring show dates include:
Reach out to the FGC bookkeeper for payment plan options
Please review our Financial Policies
Enrollment Deadline: 2/24
late enrollments will incur an automatic $25 fee
Financial Aid Deadline: 2/10